Monday, June 20, 2011

Road trip refreshed

Last week, I hit the road with my two sons. My husband was working all week at a kids' camp, so instead of taking time off and just being at home, we packed up the car and headed a few hours south.

From Indiana to Kentucky to Tennessee to Kentucky back to Indiana - we spent time with people I really, really love - but life has kept me from them for years. There was a quick lunch in Kentucky with a treasured friend who I seldom see. Then hours of little cousins playing with little cousins. Then deep fun and reminicing with a family of 7 who I adore. Then we stayed in Kentucky with the parents of a sweet friend from church - total strangers who treated us like family.

I'm exhausted, but so refreshed. Friends, family, hospitality, love, new sights, car games, laughter - some of the best things in life.